Saturday, February 6, 2010

Looking In

Arriving in India can be a bit abrupt even though it takes 15+ hours to arrive. We sat around Newark for an extra couple of hours, just to de-ice and then de-ice again. Funny to write the words now sitting in south Inda that is warm and sunny. Delhi is an abrupt place to be, a place that works best if your wits are quite about you. It was fun, lovely weather, everything is dug up because they are building an underground metro and repairing the streets at the same time, (kind of like Houston street can get).

After a brief stay in Delhi at Abracadabra Guest House (yes really) I am now down in Mysore. It was a race from the start. I was late for the plane because I didn't double check the delay and it disapeared. Huh? How? Then racing from airport to train station, and a mad dash unpon entering the station to the platform, running up and downstairs with a porter carrying my bag on his head (worth the 200 rupees though I was hyperventilating for an hour afterwards.

I took some video of driving around Mysore in an 'autorickshaw'.I'll explain all that tomorrow.
All this running to get here made me tired. I will report back from warm, sunny, south India tomorrow. Or living in the future as I am here, later in the evening for you.
\
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi there: quick question: what did you think of Abracadabra... in terms of cleanliness, safety, comfort (beds!), location, price? Anything better? I really appreciate your feedback! thx, suzannegerber0@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete